The Tutoring Center offers students enrolled in Coastline, Folsom Lake, Foothill, or Allan Hancock Community Colleges' Distance Education Programs free tutoring assistance in English, reading/writing skills, and math. The Tutoring Center offers individualized and small group tutoring on a drop-in basis and by appointment during posted hours.
The Tutoring Center is located at the Health and Human Services Building in Suite 700 located at 10877 Conductor Blvd., Sutter Creek. Call 209-223-6393 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule tutoring appointments during academic semesters in which you are enrolled.
- Please do not eat or drink in the Tutoring Center.
- Remember that students are expected to come to tutoring prepared; we encourage you to have completed all homework and reading assignments and have specific questions for the tutor.
What tutors can do:
- Review and explain assignments.
- Help you understand what the instructor expects.
- Clarify information presented by the instructor in class.
- Help you understand the textbook and utilize the information it contains.
- Provide you with additional examples to reinforce concepts.
What tutors cannot do:
- Teach you material that you have not read or heard in class.
- Write speeches or papers or do homework for you.